Daibutsu, Kamakura

Daibutsu, Kamakura
Daibutsu in Kamakura, June 2010. There were thousands of school kids visiting that day. It was still great fun.

Monday, March 14, 2011

Shocking video of 2011 Japan tsunami

This is some very shocking and horrifying video of the tsunami that hit northern Japan following the massive 9.0 earthquake. You can see people driving on the nearby road not realizing there is a wall of water coming. Terrible.

Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

4 comments:

  1. Not sure if it's related to Australia or not, but the video does not play "due to usage restrictions".

    However, I can't see how it can be worse video than watching people that had turned back from going up the hill to safety to help others... only to be themselves engulfed by the senseless wall of water.

    I'm reaching the point where my heart has reached it's limit of sadness. Yet still the footage continues.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm. not sure why it would be restricted in Australia. Yes, the footage of people running mere meters from the oncoming wall of water is horrible. I will never get that out of my memory.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This just breaks my heart everytime I see this. I will continue to make Shinto offerrings, pray to Amida Buddha, and use the power of the internet to encourage people to contribute in whatever way possible to the relief efforts for those sufferring in Japan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good idea. I think I will follow you.

    ReplyDelete