Daibutsu, Kamakura

Daibutsu, Kamakura
Daibutsu in Kamakura, June 2010. There were thousands of school kids visiting that day. It was still great fun.

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Twitter to become bigger in Japan


From TechCrunch:

Twitter is moving to grow in Japan. Softbank Mobile announced 13 new models in their cell phone lineup and all of them will come installed with Twitter. With these phones, you will be able to access Twitter via a pre-installed app or widget on the homescreen. According to the TechCrunch post, the Softbank CEO Masayoshi Son is a big fan of Twitter so this makes sense. Even more so since Masayoshi Son went to San Francisco at 16 where he finished high school and later graduated from the University of California Berkeley. He believes Japan is ready to become a Twitter country and Japan may already be number two in the world.

You can see a line-up of all of the 13 Twitter enable Softbank phones on the TechCrunch post.

3 comments:

  1. Ha, I'm not surprised. I heard from my wife one of her japanese coworkers has been feeling sick for a while now due to spending too much time on Twitter every night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:15 AM

    My coworker and a student have both started using Twitter. I don't use it at all, though I can use it through my iphone, which I got through Softbank :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, for some reason once you start using it, it becomes addictive. I might be developing this dangerous addiction.

    ReplyDelete