Daibutsu, Kamakura

Daibutsu, Kamakura
Daibutsu in Kamakura, June 2010. There were thousands of school kids visiting that day. It was still great fun.

Friday, May 07, 2010

Female Japanese knuckleballer lands in U.S.


From MSNBC.

This Japanese female knuckleballer, Eri Yoshida, is trying to make it into the big leagues in the United States. Good for her for trying. I think it is awesome.

But I don't think it will happen in a million years. She essentially has only one pitch, the knuckleball, and that just won't cut in the majors. Sorry Eri. But good for you for trying. If you make it on to the Dodgers someday I'll come out and watch you pitch (even though I hate baseball).

6 comments:

  1. Hey, we got Godzilla playing for the Angels, why not her?

    BTW, all the local older Japanese ladies are loving Hideki Matsui's Angels t-shirts. It's so cute to see them looking at them for sale at the local places here in L.A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a good point blukats, I swear if she makes it onto the Angels, then I'll go to an Angel game.

    I'm not surprised the older Japanese ladies like Godzilla Matsui. He's not a young man anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Her face looks like Ai Miyazato (pro golf player).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, she does a little bit look like her.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Project Hyakumeizan roots for Eri! (Even if Project Hyakumeizan has yet to learn what a knuckleballer is...)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not certain either. I'm not a baseball fan. :)

    ReplyDelete