Daibutsu, Kamakura

Daibutsu, Kamakura
Daibutsu in Kamakura, June 2010. There were thousands of school kids visiting that day. It was still great fun.

Sunday, October 18, 2009

Japan: Robot Nation

Below is an interesting program from current.com about Japan's rapidly aging and shrinking population. I found this program through Bartman905's blog "Konnichiwa". The program is 25 minutes long but it is very interesting. It doesn't just cover the use of robots in Japan but touches on the aspect of Japan's reluctance to increase foreign immigration as way to compensate for the shrinking population.

8 comments:

  1. If you're looking for the origins of Skynet, look no farther.

    Seriously though, Japan is going to be light years ahead of everyone else in the use of robots for daily life. They have the means and needs already.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting program. Although I'm enthusiastic about robots, the idea of solving the population problem with robots... it's just a dream. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree Sixmats, because they have the most need for them (since they prefer not have more immigration).

    I agree with you Muza-chen, I don't think robots is the best solution.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also agree with sixmats. The Japanese are so far ahead that soon it will be hard to figure out if the person is a human or robot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree Otsuke. That robot lady there already looks very human already.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very interesting. I saw on TV that some people likes to live with robots (I mean anime character) already.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every home will have a robot some day.

      Delete
  7. Yes, I think there are many people in Japan who maybe prefer the company of a robot than a human.

    ReplyDelete