Daibutsu, Kamakura

Daibutsu, Kamakura
Daibutsu in Kamakura, June 2010. There were thousands of school kids visiting that day. It was still great fun.

Friday, October 02, 2009

Battle of Sekigahara video

I watched this History channel show earlier this year. It's about Tokugawa Ieyasu and the Battle of Sekigahara. The show was a little cheesy because of the English-speaking actors but it was not bad. It is a good overview of this most famous and important battle in Japanese history. This Youtube video is from the episode and is the final scene of the Battle. Not bad.


8 comments:

  1. Great production but personally I would have been content with subtitles. It wasn't that the use of English was bad it was more the manner in which they spoke that ruined it for me. - Now I want to pop in my copy of Sengoku Jeitai the Series which takes place at Sekigahara.

    ReplyDelete
  2. On Tenchijin, we are closing in on Hideyoshi's death and then The Battle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would have been happy without any dialog at all, but good movie nonetheless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree. Or Japanese with subtitles.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed this documentary too. Anything that increases awareness of Sekigahara's pivotal role in Japanese history is a good thing in my books.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is true Travis and the documentary seemed to be fairly accurate.

    ReplyDelete
  7. John Herndon9:08 PM

    Where can I find the movie for sale?

    ReplyDelete
  8. This was a History channel episode. They might sell it past episode but I am not certain. You might check their website to see if they have them.

    ReplyDelete