Daibutsu, Kamakura

Daibutsu, Kamakura
Daibutsu in Kamakura, June 2010. There were thousands of school kids visiting that day. It was still great fun.

Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Japan's next first lady has been to Venus

Can we say wacko.

"While my body was asleep, I think my soul rode on a triangular-shaped UFO and went to Venus," Miyuki Hatoyama, the wife of premier-in-waiting Yukio Hatoyama wrote in a book published last year.

When she awoke, Japan's next first lady wrote, she told her now ex-husband that she had just been to Venus. He advised her that it was probably just a dream.

She also says she met U.S. actor Tom Cruise — in a previous life.

"I have a dream that I still believe will come true, which is to make a film in Hollywood," she told a TV talk show in May. "The lead actor is Tom Cruise, of course. Why? Because I know he was Japanese in a previous life.

"I also eat the sun," Hatoyama said on the program, looking up with her eyes closed, raising her arms high as if she was tearing pieces off an imaginary sun. "Like this, hum, hum, hum. It gives me enormous energy."

7 comments:

  1. The Japanese are anything but conventional. Got to love them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:34 AM

    I see you and I have been reading the same news. ;) Actually I read mine off of an Irish newspaper, which tells you how widespread the news is. :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's everywhere. I read it in MSNBC as well as the LA Times.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Who hasn't been to Venus?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've probably dream't about visiting there as well. I mean that's where girls are from right?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Her and Tom Cruise would get along very well, I think. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's right John. :)

    With Tom's spacey religion and her spaciness, they are a perfect couple. :)

    ReplyDelete