I am told that a "meme" is something that gets passed around on the Internet. You follow the rules and then you "tag" someone else and ask them to do the same.
I was tagged by Thomas at Hello Mother, Hello Father.
Here are the rules.
1. List the rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog.
3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.
- I was born and raised in Santa Barbara, California, a popular seaside tourist city an hour North of Los Angeles. I moved to Los Angeles when I was 21. People ask why the heck did I leave beautiful Santa Barbara? I guess I was bored and wanted to experience the big city. Plus, Santa Barbara did not have any ice rinks and I wanted to play ice hockey.
- I have had only four jobs in my entire life. I worked at McDonald's in SB for four years; at REI, an outdoor equipment store, for five years; and my current job at a government agency. For two years, I worked at a bike shop on weekends while working at my current job.
- I went to college on the 10 year plan back in the 90's. My problem was I wanted to also play hockey, go mountain biking, go skiing and snowboarding, go out and have fun, etc. School and homework were not always a priority. But I eventually finished thank God.
- Since 2003 I have been to Japan five times visiting my wife's family in Tochigi. Before that the only foreign countries I ever visited were Mexico and Canada, both of which are really not that foreign to a Californian. Japan was (and is) so different and unique and I love visiting.
- Although I've always been very active, I have never broken any bones. Except my nose was broken playing hockey. And lots of stitches.
- I have a pug named Mollybu. The bu is supposed to mean pig in Japanese and she looks and sounds like a pig. And eats like one.
- The tallest mountain I have been to the top of is 14,500 feet or 4,420 meters.
I don't know if they have already been tagged but I am tagging David at About Tochigi, Dateline Osaka at Life in the Korean Ghetto, Ad at Japan Navigator, Gerald at The Level 8 Buddhist, Roaf at Gaijin Tonic, Michael at Big Red Dot, and Martin at Kurashi - News From Japan.